MOOG® Steering and Suspension Elevates Status to Official Partner / Ingersoll Rand Becomes Newest Addition to Special Award Lineup / Edelbrock Renews NASCAR Performance & Contingency Partnership For Five Years
DAYTONA BEACH, Fla. (Feb. 19, 2015) – As race teams make final preparations to start the 2015 season, NASCAR announced today its diverse lineup of 2015 NASCAR Contingency Program sponsors for all three national series. This year’s program is highlighted by the renewal of longtime sponsors and the addition of a new brand to the stable of participating contingency partners.
The MOOG® Steering and Suspension brand, a Contingency Sponsor of NASCAR for nearly 50 years, will now extend its reach to consumers by becoming a NASCAR Official Partner. MOOG parts have been the choice of every NASCAR Sprint Cup Series champion since 1966, an unprecedented winning streak. The MOOG brand will continue to provide Contingency Sponsorship for the NASCAR Sprint Cup Series™, NASCAR XFINITY Series™ and NASCAR Camping World Truck Series™. The brand will also sponsor the MOOG Problem Solver of the Race and Year awards in the NASCAR Sprint Cup Series which is awarded to the eligible crew chief that improves the most from the first half of the race to the second half of the race utilizing the 40 best lap times (10 best lap times for road course events).
New to the field of Contingency Sponsors this year will be Ingersoll Rand, the Official Power Tools of NASCAR. The Ingersoll Rand Power Move Award will be given to the team that advances the most positions during the last 10 percent of each NASCAR Sprint Cup Series race. In the event of a tie, the winner will be the highest finishing eligible team. Cars must display the Ingersoll Rand contingency decal to be eligible. The annual award will be given based on cumulative positions gained during each weekly race. This award recognizes crew chiefs that bring the same level of intensity and reliability when it matters most – when victory is on the line.
Edelbrock will continue to provide Contingency Sponsorship to Top 5 finishers carrying the Edelbrock decal in the NASCAR Sprint Cup Series, NASCAR XFINITY Series and NASCAR Camping World Truck Series through 2019. Edelbrock began its NASCAR association as the first company to sign a multi-year contingency sponsorship agreement. In 1993, Edelbrock became an Exclusive NASCAR Performance Partner and its intake manifolds are currently approved for NASCAR competition and used by teams in all NASCAR national series.
“The NASCAR Contingency program is rich in history and participating sponsors have direct access to our teams, connection with our loyal, passionate fan base and prominent visibility in our sport,” said Jill Gregory, NASCAR senior vice president, Industry Services. “We are pleased to see the continued level of commitment from both new and returning partners to the program this year.”
The NASCAR Contingency program strives to build strong relationships with high quality, performance-driven brands that are leaders in their respective categories, and award money to teams via per race and year-end awards. Competitors become eligible for prize money by displaying sponsor decals on the front fenders of their race cars and trucks. In some instances, use of a sponsor’s product is required.
Below is the 2015 national series contingency sponsor lineup and special awards:
- 3M – Sprint Cup Series*, XFINITY Series*
- - 3M Lap Leader Award
- American Ethanol – Sprint Cup Series*, XFINITY Series*, Camping World Truck Series*
- American Ethanol Green Flag Restart Award (NSCS)
- -American Ethanol Award to Series Champions (XFINITY Series & NCWTS)
- ARP Fasteners – XFINITY Series
- COMP Cams – Sprint Cup Series, XFINITY Series, Camping World Truck Series
- Coors Light – Sprint Cup Series*, XFINITY Series*, Camping World Truck Series* (Keystone Light)
- - Coors Light Pole Award
- Duralast Brakes – Sprint Cup Series*, XFINITY Series*
- - Duralast Brakes Brake in the Race Award
- Edelbrock – Sprint Cup Series, XFINITY Series, Camping World Truck Series
- Flowmaster – Sprint Cup Series
- Freescale – Sprint Cup Series*
- - Freescale Wide Open Award
- Goodyear Tires – Sprint Cup Series*, XFINITY Series*, Camping World Truck Series*
- - Goodyear Tires Award to Series Champions
- Holley Throttle Bodies/Carburetors – Sprint Cup Series (throttle bodies), XFINITY Series, Camping World Truck Series
- Ingersoll Rand – Sprint Cup Series*
- - Ingersoll Rand Power Move Award
- K&N Filters – Sprint Cup Series, XFINITY Series, Camping World Truck Series
- Lincoln Electric Welders – Sprint Cup Series, Camping World Truck Series
- MAHLE Clevite – Sprint Cup Series*, XFINITY Series*, Camping World Truck Series*
- - MAHLE Clevite Engine Builder of the Race/Year Award
- Mechanix Wear – Sprint Cup Series*, XFINITY Series, Camping World Truck Series
- - Mechanix Wear Most Valuable Pit Crew Award (Quarterly/Year ¬End)
- Mobil 1 – Sprint Cup Series*, XFINITY Series*, Camping World Truck Series*
- - Mobil 1 Driver of the Race/Year
- MOOG Steering & Suspension – Sprint Cup Series*, XFINITY Series, Camping World Truck Series
- - MOOG Problem Solver of the Race/Year
- MSD Ignition – XFINITY Series, Camping World Truck Series
- Renton Coil Spring – Camping World Truck Series
- Sherwin-Williams – Sprint Cup Series*
- - Sherwin-Williams Fastest Lap Award Simpson Firesuits – XFINITY Series, Camping World Truck Series
- Sunoco – Sprint Cup Series*, XFINITY Series*, Camping World Truck Series*
- - Sunoco Diamond Performance Award to Series Champions
- - Sunoco Rookie of the Year
*Indicates Special Award sponsor with a year-end bonus.
Official NASCAR Release