UPDATE – Two Sponsors Added
K1 Speed to be Primary for the #33 Chevrolet for Auto Club Speedway
K1 Speed Karting will be joining Jeffrey Earnhardt for this weekend’s Monster Energy NASCAR Cup Series race.
Founded in 2003, K1 Speed is the Premier Karting Company in America. Offering highly-advanced and environmentally-friendly electric karts as well as large indoor entertainment venues that feature authentic racing memorabilia, pit cafes, meeting rooms and pool tables, K1 Speed is a great place to visit with family and friends or to host a corporate event or party.
“We are very excited to be working with Jeffrey again at Auto Club Speedway. Southern California is where K1 Speed was established and it’s where the company’s national headquarters is located. So, this weekend is a home track race for all of us. Working with Jeffrey, Mr. Falk, and the entire race team has been an absolute pleasure, and we look forward to seeing the No. 33 Chevrolet take to the track on Sunday,” said Randall Hoppe, Advertising and Band Marketing Manager at K1 Speed.
Jeffrey Earnhardt is the grandson of Seven-Time NASCAR Cup Champion Dale Earnhardt and nephew of this generation’s most popular driver, Dale Jr. He began his race career piloting a silver 4 cylinder Yugo on the dirt tracks of Wythe Raceway in Rural Retreat, Virginia.
This weekend will be Earnhardt’s second start at Auto Club Speedway in the Monster Energy NASCAR Cup Series. His first was in 2016 with Go Fas Racing. He started thirty-ninth (39) and finished thirty-fourth (34).
Auto Club 400 (Monster Energy NASCAR Cup Series Race #5 of 36)
- Date: Sunday, March 26, 2017 in Fontana, CA
- TRACK: Auto Club Speedway
- Scheduled Green Flag (approx): 3:50pm/et
- Track/Race Length: 2.0 mile D-shaped oval, 200 laps, 400 miles
- Superspeedway: 2.0-mile oval 75 feet wide with a 15 foot apron
- Banking: turns: 14°; front stretch 11°; backstretch 3°
- Front Stretch: 3,100feet
- Back Stretch: 2,500feet
- Pit Road: 2,200 feet long with 44 individual pit stalls
- Pit Road Speed: 55mph
- Pace Car Speed: 60mph
- Approx: 1,800 Infield RV spaces
- Grandstand seating capacity: 68,000 [was 81,000 & 92,000]
- Opened: 1997
- McDowell and Leavine Family Racing Unveil Special Paint Scheme
- #NASCAR and Saving Lives
- K&N Pro Series West Heads To Kern For Special Thursday Event
- RCR Celebrating Ryan's Win with Free Shipping for Fans
- Justin Allgaier - JR Motorsports Race Report from Phoenix