Their Teams Thrashed to Return Them To The Track
Drivers in the NASCAR K&N Pro Series West tackled their first road course event of the season with the Chevy’s Fresh Mex 200 at Sonoma Raceway on Saturday. The annual visit to the winding 1.99-mile track in Northern California’s wine country will featured two Bill McAnally Racing drivers.
Crews thrashing to rebuild. via @BMR_NASCAR
Unfortunately, defending series champion Chris Eggleston and the points leader going into the road race, Todd Gilliland were caught up in a multi-car pileup when the Green Flag dropped which sent both their race cars to the garage. Gilliland managed a twenty-fourth place finish (23 laps down) while Eggleston came in twenty-sixth (30 laps down).
For Gilliland, this race was his first road course start.
“We watched a bunch of videos of (David - Todd's Father) out here and also my grandpa (Butch), so it’s crazy to hear all the history about my family in the K&N Series on the West Coast going to all these tracks. He’s definitely been a big help thus far and I’m sure he’s gonna continue to be a big help. He’s helped me a lot and I can’t wait to get out on track.”
It is truly a shame that these two talented driver were taken out of contention so early and through no fault of their own. It would have been very exciting to see how they would have challenged the eventual race winner, the driver of the #24 NASCAR Sprint Cup Car Chase Elliott.
The Chevy’s Fresh Mex 200 will be broadcast on NBCSN on June 30 at 8 p.m. PT.
The NASCAR K&N Pro Series West will be back in action at Idaho's Stateline Speedway for the Toyota/NAPA Auto Parts 150 on Saturday, July 9.
Fastest Qualifier: Chase Elliott, Time: 77.892 Seconds, Speed: 91.974 mph
Time of Race: 1 hrs., 58 mins, 3 secs Average Speed: 64.732 mph Margin of Victory: 2.336 Seconds
Caution Flags: Laps 3-5 (38 Stopped Frt Straight Engine - No FP); 32-33 (Half Way Break - #88 Free Pass); 39-41 (#88 Stalled on Track - No Free Pass); 45-47 (# 40 Accident - #11 Free Pass); 49-52 (#30 drove off Trk & stopped - #22 FPass); 55-57 (Debris on Front St. - #36 Free Pass). 6 for 18 laps.
Lap Leaders: Chase Elliott 0, Ryan Partridge 1-7, Chase Elliott 8-13, Ryan Partridge 14-17, Gracin Raz 18-25, Noah Gragson 26-33, Gracin Raz 34, Noah Gragson 35-41, Gracin Raz 42, Noah Gragson 43-61, Chase Elliott 62-64.
Total Laps Led: Noah Gragson 34, Ryan Partridge 11, Gracin Raz 10, Chase Elliott 9. 10 changes involving 4 drivers.
Top 10 Driver Points: Ryan Partridge 256, Todd Gilliland * 241, Chris Eggleston 235, Noah Gragson 231, Gracin Raz 222, Julia Landauer * 219, Cole Rouse * 215, Riley Herbst * 213, Ron Norman 194, Matt Levin 193
21 MEANS 21 POLE AWARD: #24 Chase Elliott
AUTOLITE IRIDIUM XP LAP LEADER: #7 Noah Gragson
COCA-COLA MOVE OF THE RACE: #25 Tom Klauer
ROOKIE OF THE RACE: #19 Riley Herbst
NASCAR K&N PRO SERIES WEST-Chevys Fresh Mex 200 Results
(Start position in parentheses)
- (1) Chase Elliott, Dawsonville, GA, Chevrolet, 64 laps, 64.732 mph.
- (4) Noah Gragson, Las Vegas, NV, Ford, 64.
- (7) Gracin Raz, Lake Oswego, Ore., Ford, 64.
- (2) Ryan Partridge, Rancho Cucamonga, Calif., Ford, 64.
- (10) Riley Herbst, Las Vegas, Nev., Toyota, 64.
- (17) Michael Shawhan, Los Gatos, Calif., Chevrolet, 64.
- (23) Tom Klauer, Reno, Nev., Chevrolet, 64.
- (20) Scott Ivie, Mountain View, Calif., Toyota, 64.
- (22) Carlos Vieira, Atwater, Calif., Chevrolet, 64.
- (8) Cole Rouse, Fort Smith, Ark., Ford, 64.
- (6) Julia Landauer, New York, N.Y., Toyota, 64.
- (21) Tim Spurgeon, Danville, CA, Chevrolet, 64.
- (26) Takuma Koga, Nagoya, Japan, Chevrolet, 64.
- (24) Matt Levin, Tucson, Ariz., Ford, 64.
- (27) Jesse Iwuji, Dallas, Texas, Toyota, 63.
- (15) Todd Souza, Watsonville, Calif., Toyota, 63.
- (9) Will Rodgers, Murrieta, Calif., Chevrolet, 62.
- (29) Rodd Kneeland, Sonoma, Calif., Chevrolet, 62.
- (16) James Bruncati, Glendora, Calif., Ford, 58, accident.
- (30) Jack Sellers, Sacramento, CA, Chevrolet, 50, accident.
- (19) Blaine Perkins, Bakersfield, Calif., Chevrolet, 50.
- (25) Ron Norman, Tucson, Ariz., Ford, 45, suspension.
- (14) Brian Wong, Newport Beach, Calif., Chevrolet, 44, accident.
- (5) Todd Gilliland, Sherrils Ford, N.C., Toyota, 41.
- (13) Alex Schutte, Redding, Calif., Ford, 38, suspension.
- (11) Chris Eggleston, Erie, Colo., Toyota, 34.
- (31) Rich DeLong III, Santa Clarita, Calif., Chevrolet, 2, suspension.
- (28) Stafford Smith, Eagle, Idaho., Chevrolet, 1, engine.
- (18) Johnny Borneman, Ramona, CA, Ford, 0, accident.
- (3) David Mayhew, Atascadero, CA, Chevrolet, 0, electrical.
- (12) Jim Inglebright, Fairfield, Calif., Chevrolet, 0, did not start.