Update: Congratulations to Katelyn Sweet on her #BetterHalfDash win at Charlotte Motor Speedway.
|Katelyn Sweet Wins; Paige White takes Second; Haley Dillon finishes Third.|
The event, which featured 10 competitors, raised more than $70,000 for the Motor Racing Outreach, Speedway Childrens Charities and the other charities selected by each competitor.
Congratulations to @Katelyn_Sweet on her #BetterHalfDash win at @CLTMotorSpdwy! @KyleLarsonRacin #NASCAR pic.twitter.com/4N3a9VpAov— CJ Woliver (@CJWoliver) October 6, 2016
Better Half Dash presented by Nature Made #BetterHalfDash The 'Better Half Dash' will highlight today's #NASCAR's Events at the Charlotte Motor Speedway.
The Better Half Dash presented by Nature Made is a Twenty-Five-lap Bandolero battle among NASCAR wives and girlfriends. The green flag drops during Bojangles’ Pole Night tonight. This no-holds-barred donnybrook of dames supports great charities including Motor Racing Outreach and Speedway Children’s Charities.
|Katelyn Sweet, the girlfriend of NASCAR Sprint Cup Series driver Kyle Larson,|
was fastest in Monday's Better Half Dash presented by Nature Made qualifying
session at Charlotte Motor Speedway. (CMS/John Davison photo)
Katelyn Sweet used second-hand advice from her boyfriend, NASCAR Sprint Cup Series driver Kyle Larson, to blister the frontstretch quarter-mile at Charlotte Motor Speedway on Monday and post the fastest time in qualifying. Her 20.081-second lap topped Brad Keselowski’s girlfriend Paige White by .063 seconds.
“Some of the kids who drive Bandoleros (in the Bojangles’ Summer Shootout Series) helped me, and their dads gave Kyle advice that he gave me,” Sweet explained. “It’s fun (to be fastest) because I’m competitive.”
Here’s A Breakdown Of The 10 Drivers’ Qualifying Times And Their Chosen Charities:
- • Katelyn Sweet, girlfriend of Sprint Cup Series driver Kyle Larson (National Breast Cancer Foundation and The Autism Society): 20.081 seconds;
- • Paige White, girlfriend of Sprint Cup Series driver Brad Keselowski (The Brad Keselowski Checkered Flag Foundation): 20.144;
- • Haley Dillon, wife of XFINITY Series driver Ty Dillon (Pitstops For Hope): 20.265
- • Kinsley Parsons, fiancée of NASCAR Official Patrick Merrill (Victory Junction): 20.523;
- • Tati Papis, wife of MPI steering wheels founder and former driver Max Papis (Martin Truex Jr. Foundation): 20.540;
- • Anna McAllister, fiancée of Roush Fenway Racing tire changer Cory Baldwin (Special Olympics): 20.624;
- • Wendy Venturini, wife of Toyota Racing Development Engineer Jarrad Egert (Motor Racing Outreach): 20.781;
- • Candice Smith, wife of Red Horse Racing mechanic Chris Smith (Jeff Gordon Children’s Foundation): 21.260;
- • Julie Mauldin, wife of Motor Racing Outreach President and CEO Billy Mauldin (Motor Racing Outreach): 21.375;
- • Jessica Nichols, wife of Team Penske tire specialist Dave Nichols (Joey Logano Foundation): 21.544.