BMR Sweeps the Podium at Evergreen Speedway
|Riley Herbst, Todd Gilliland and Chris Eggleston (Photo by Sal Sigala Jr.)|
Bill McAnally Racing swept the podium in NASCAR K&N Pro Series West action at Evergreen Speedway on Saturday as Rookie Todd Gilliland is breaking all types of NASCAR Records*!!!
BMR President Bill McAnally talked of the work that has gone into all the BMR teams this year. “The results come with effort,” he said. “Everybody has been working so hard to bring these results in. I’m happy we can do it for our sponsors, our fans, and everybody.”
Todd won the NAPA AUTO PARTS 150 presented by Toyota, with teammates Chris Eggleston taking second and Riley Herbst finishing third. It marked the third straight victory and fifth overall this season for Gilliland in the No. 16 NAPA AUTO PARTS Toyota Camry and represents BMR's seventh win in the first nine races in 2016. The reigning series champion, Chris Eggleston won at Orange Show Speedway and Colorado National Speedway. Todd also has five poles while Chris can boast of two.
Todd, a member of the NASCAR Next program that spotlights NASCAR’s rising stars, is a third-generation competitor in the series. His father, David, won a pole award at Evergreen Speedway in 2004 and his grandfather, Butch, scored wins there in 1996 and 1998.
Todd Gilliland now has a twelve-point lead over Ryan Partridge in the series championship points standings with five races remaining. Partridge took both pole and the win at Tucson Speedway.
The NAPA Auto Parts 150 presented by Toyota will air on NBCSN Thursday, Aug. 25 at 8 p.m. ET/5 p.m. PT.
The NASCAR K&N Pro Series West will be back in action Saturday, Aug. 27 at Oregon’s Douglas County Speedway.
NASCAR K&N Pro Series West Evergreen (8/13/16) – Results
- Todd Gilliland * NAPA Auto Parts Toyota
- Chris Eggleston NAPA Filters Toyota
- Riley Herbst * NOS Energy Drink Toyota
- Gracin Raz Montana Tech Ford
- Ryan Partridge Eibach Spring/Sunrise Ford
- Cole Rouse * Lucas Oil/Sunrise Ford/Eibach Spring Ford
- Blaine Perkins * Four Star Fruit Chevrolet
- Julia Landauer * Curb Records Toyota
- Nicole Behar Custom Welding Toyota
- Cole Moore * JM Environmental/YP Toyota
- Braeden Havens Western Rail Inc. Chevrolet
- Ron Norman Port of Tucson Ford
- Bill Kann Hybridlight Toyota
- Will Rodgers * Solvang Brewing/Air Mani Toyota
- Jesse Iwuji * EXIDE Batteries/BuyInvengoRFID.com Toyota
- Noah Gragson Speed Vegas/AlertID/Colliers Int’l Ford
- Rich DeLong III Country Girl Saloon/ Ames Rubber Mfg. Chevrolet
- Garret Archer * Rocket Motorsports Ford
- Dan Phillippi * iRacing/YouTube Toyota
- Takuma Koga ASH/CKB/John Krebs Racing Chevrolet
- Salvatore Iovino * Infinite Wireless/Hubble Fnd/Modern St/Hemi
- Jack Chisholm, Wealth Management Ford
* Just two days after turning fifteen, Todd Gilliland not only became the youngest winner in ARCA history last year, but he accomplished the feat in his first series start.
After winning at Kern County Raceway Park, the victory marked his fourth K&N Pro Series win in four starts, tying the record set by International Motorsports Hall of Famer Dan Gurney fifty years earlier.
- #NASCAR Schedule for Xfinity & #KNWest
- #NASCAR K&N Pro Series at Evergreen
- Teammates Slice & Dice & Collide
- Teammates Eggleston and Gilliland Thrill Crowd with Battle for the Lead
- Krebs Shares His #NASCAR Memories