Both the NASCAR Sprint Cup and Camping World Truck Series have an off weekend. However, there is still plenty of NASCAR action to be enjoyed.
The NASCAR Xfinity Series will travel to Lexington, Ohio for their race at Mid-Ohio Sports Car Course.
Mid-Ohio Sports Car Course opened for racing in 1962. The track is a road course and is 3,634 km (2.258 miles) long. Surface is paved with 13 turns. The stands currently capacity are 75 000 (10 000 Bleachers and 65 000 open) seats.
Lap record is held by Michael McDowell with 96.256 MPH (84.450 SEC.); August 17, 2013. It was an eventful weekend for Michael as he earned a career-best finish at Watkins Glen International in his 200th career start.
The K&N Pro Series West will race in Washington on Saturday also. The NAPA Auto Parts 150 will be the series' 52nd race at Evergreen Speedway. Todd Gilliland's win at Iowa Speedway, his fourth NASCAR K&N Pro Series West victory of the season, allowed him to retake the championship lead from Ryan Partridge.
Weekend Schedule for Mid-Ohio Sports Car CourseSeries: Xfinity Series
Note: Times in EST
FRIDAY, AUGUST 12
- 9-10:25 a.m. | NASCAR XFINITY Series opening practice
- 11:35 a.m.-12:55 p.m. | NASCAR XFINITY Series final practice
- 6:15 p.m. | NASCAR XFINITY Series Coors Light Pole qualifying
SATURDAY, AUGUST 13
- 3:30 p.m. | XFINITY Series’ Mid Ohio Challenge (75 laps, 169.35 miles)
Series: K&N Pro Series West
Note: All times are local and subject to change.
SATURDAY, AUG. 13
- 9 a.m. | Garage opens
- 12-12:45 p.m. | Practice
- 1:15-2 p.m. | Final Practice
- 3:30 p.m. | Driver/Crew Chief Meeting
- 4:15 p.m. | Qualifying
- 5 p.m. | Driver Autograph Session
- 6:20 p.m. | Driver Introductions
- 6:30 p.m. | Toyota/NAPA Auto Parts 150
Twitter: #NAPA150, #KNWest, @WAstateNASCAR
- #NASCAR K&N Pro Series at Evergreen
- The Glen Attracts An Assortment Of Talent For The #NASCAR #XFINITY Series
- Elliott Sadler Takes NASCAR XFINITY Series Points Lead
- Watch The Toyota NAPA Auto Parts 150 (#nascar)