Justin Marks Is The 20th First-Time NASCAR XFINITY Series Winner Since 2010
|First time winner, Justin Marks won last week in a rain soaked road race.|
When trying to find the new faces of the sport, look no further than the NASCAR XFINITY Series. Since 2010, the series has seen 20 different first-time winners, including two that have won this season – Daniel Suárez (Michigan) and last weekend’s winner Justin Marks (Mid-Ohio).
The 20 first-time series winners since 2010 by season: 2016 – Two: Justin Marks (Mid-Ohio) and Daniel Suárez (Michigan)
- 2015 – Two: Erik Jones (Texas) and Ryan Reed (Daytona)
- 2014 – Five: Chris Buescher (Mid-Ohio), Ty Dillon (Indianapolis), Brendan Gaughan (Road America), Chase Elliott (Texas) and Kyle Larson (Auto Club Speedway)
- 2013 – Two: Ryan Blaney (Kentucky) and AJ Allmendinger (Road America)
- 2012 – Four: Nelson Piquet Jr. (Road America), Austin Dillon (Kentucky), James Buescher (Daytona) and Regan Smith (Homestead-Miami)
- 2011 – Three: Trevor Bayne (Texas), Sam Hornish Jr. (Phoenix) and Ricky Stenhouse Jr. (Iowa)
- 2010 – Two: Justin Allgaier (Bristol) and Boris Said (Montreal)
|Erik Jones celebrates in victory lane - #NASCAR Xfinity Series, Bristol Motor Speedway|
Since 2010, Texas and Road America have seen the most first-time winners with three each.
Since the series inception in 1982, there has been at least one first-time winner in each season. Overall, 146 different drivers have won a NASCAR XFINITY Series race. The inaugural season (1982) saw the most first-time winners at 14, but since then the most first-time winners per season has been six, and it has happened on seven occasions (1987, 1989, 1991, 1996, 2002, 2004 and 2006).
Bristol Motor Speedway – the site of Friday’s Food City 300 (7:30 p.m. ET on USA) has been home to six NASCAR XFINITY Series first-time winners – Justin Allgaier (2010), Martin Truex Jr. (2004), Jeff Fuller (1996), Bobby Labonte (1991), Rick Wilson (1989) and Phil Parsons (1982).
NASCAR XFINITY Series
- Next Race: Food City 300
- The Place: Bristol Motor Speedway
- The Date: Friday, Aug. 19
- The Time: 7:30 p.m. ET
- TV: USA, 7 p.m. ET
- Radio: PRN, SiriusXM NASCAR Radio
- Distance: 159.9 miles (300 laps)
Photo Credit: AP Photo/Wade Payne