Blake Koch and Kaulig Racing became the latest team on Tuesday to join the celebration to honor NASCAR’s history at Darlington Raceway on Labor Day weekend.
Koch and the No.11 Chevrolet Camaro will pay homage to three-time NASCAR Sprint Cup Series champion Darrell Waltrip’s 1981 – 1982 Mountain Dew Buick Regal during the NASCAR XFINITY Series VFW Sport Clips Help a Hero 200, September 3rd.
Waltrip enjoyed much success with the Mountain Dew paint scheme as 24 of Waltrip’s 84 career wins came with the legendary green and white scheme, including back to back championships in the 1981 and 1982 seasons.
“Running this paint scheme at Darlington is a huge honor for us at Kaulig Racing™ as well as those of us at LeafFilter,” Matt Kaulig, Owner of Kaulig Racing says. “Darrell Waltrip is a true icon in the sport of NASCAR, and his success in the Mountain Dew paint scheme makes it extremely recognizable to both those in the racing industry and fans new and old. In 2015, Darlington Raceway delivered on its first ‘throwback’ themed Labor Day weekend, and we’re excited to be apart of this year’s celebration that’s guaranteed to be even bigger.”
Kaulig Racing is a full-time American stock car racing team, owned by President and Owner of LeafFilter™ Gutter Protection, Matt Kaulig. Setting the team up for success, Kaulig Racing™ has joined forces with Richard Childress Racing to create a technical alliance, including the use of ECR engines.
“It is an awesome feeling to be apart of something as cool as the throwback weekend at Darlington,” Koch says.
“It’s even cooler to be able to run a Darrell Waltrip paint scheme, a driver who is a legend in our sport. He had a ton of success during his career in the No.11, hopefully we can continue that trend.”
Don’t miss Koch and the rest of the NXS field take the green flag for the VFW Sport Clips Help a Hero 200, Saturday, September 3 at 3:30 p.m. on NBC.
One of my all time favorite cars, what an honor for @BlakeKochRacing and his team to run it at @TooToughToTame🏁🏁🏁🏆🏆🏆 https://t.co/Zbv9PrPYSt— Darrell Waltrip (@AllWaltrip) August 10, 2016
Last Race (Watkins Glen) Notes:
- Blake Koch was 23rd, 20th and 18th in the three NXS practice sessions at Watkins Glen International.
- Koch qualified a track-best 14th Friday afternoon but got collected in a major pileup on lap 17 in Saturday’s Zippo 200, relinquishing him to a 35th-place finish.
- The Kaulig Racing™ driver maintained his position in the 2016 NXS driver point standings, 12th, after the 20th race of the season, 2 points inside the Chase cutoff point.
- #NASCAR Schedule for Xfinity & #KNWest
- Blake Koch Looks to Conquer the “Monster” in Dover
- Blake Koch NASCAR Xfinity 2016 Richmond Race Recap
- Do you know all the #NASCAR Race flags?
- Congratulations to the Koch Family. #nascar