Remember their names.
Below are the third ten of forty fallen to be honored:
No. 24 car: Gunnery Sgt. Justin Martone, U.S. Marine Corps
- Date of birth: Aug. 21, 1974.
- Hometown: Bedford, Va.
- Date of death: March 7, 2006, Iraq
- Note: Martone was a member of the 3rd Marine Expeditionary Force based in Okinawa, Japan.
No. 27 car: Spc. Zachary Lee Shannon, U.S. Army
- Date of birth: Oct. 28, 1991
- Hometown: Dunedin, Fla.
- Date of death: March 11, 2013, Afghanistan
- Note: Shannon deployed twice, once to South Korea and once to Afghanistan, and was awarded the Bronze Star with "V" for Valor and the Purple Heart. He is the half brother of RCR engineer Keith Lindgren’s nephew Taylor Mirrione, who is currently deployed aboard the USS Dallas.
No. 30 car: Staff Sgt. Robert A. Massarelli, U.S. Army
- Date of birth: Sept. 22, 1979
- Hometown: Hamilton, Ohio
- Date of death: June 24, 2012, Afghanistan
- Note: Massarelli's awards include four Army Commendation Medals, two Army Achievement Medals and three Army Good Conduct Medals. He is the cousin to the daughter-in-law of No. 30 crew chief Dave Fuge.
No. 31 car: Staff Sgt. Jason C. Ramseyer, U.S. Marine Corps
- Date of birth: Oct. 21,1977
- Hometown: West Palm Beach, Fla.
- Date of death: April 20, 2006, Iraq
- Note: Ramseyer was deployed to Kosovo, Afghanistan and Iraq. He was chosen to be featured on the No. 31 car by the Hope 4 The Warriors (H4W) group, an organization that Ryan Newman has been long affiliated with.
No. 32 car: Capt. Christopher Cash, U.S. Army
- Date of birth: Oct. 2, 1967
- Hometown: Old Orchard Beach, Maine
- Date of death: June 24, 2014, Iraq
- Note: Cash served as an active duty soldier before joining the North Carolina National Guard and led three platoons as a Company Commander.
No. 34 car: Staff Sgt. Eric A. McIntosh, U.S. Marine Corps
- Date of birth: March 9, 1977
- Hometown: Indianapolis, Ind.
- Date of death: April 2, 2006, Iraq
- Note: McIntosh was killed during his second tour in Iraq and is buried in Arlington National Cemetery.
No. 38 car: Pvt. Earl Platt, U.S. Army
- Date of birth: January 19, 1893
- Hometown: Vestaburg, Mich.
- Date of death: November 2, 1926
No. 41 car: Sgt. Nicholas Ray Gibbs, U.S. Army
- Date of birth: Aug. 9, 1981
- Hometown: Stokesdale, N.C.
- Date of death: Dec. 6, 2006
- Note: Among his many awards, Gibbs was the recipient of the Bronze Star Medal, the Purple Heart and the Army Good Conduct Medal.
No. 42 car: Denis Christian Miranda (SEAL), U.S. Navy
- Date of birth: Dec. 6, 1985
- Hometown: Toms River, N.J.
- Date of death: Sept. 21, 2010, Afghanistan
- Note: Miranda was a squad mate of No. 42 jackman Graham Molatch, a former Navy SEAL.
No. 43 car: Staff Sgt. Forest Sibley, U.S. Air Force
- Date of birth: 1983
- Hometown: Pensacola, Fla.
- Date of death: Aug. 26, 2015, Afghanistan
- Note: Sibley -- a four-time Bronze Medal recipient, once with Valor -- was selected to be featured on the No. 43 car by team partner United States Air Force. He deployed four times in his nearly seven-year military career.